During August 2020, I spent some time above the Arctic Circle in Finnish Lapland, practicing my portable ham radio field craft, testing my camping gear, and testing my tipi tent shelter and wood stove, and off grid camping with my dog Snapper for the very first time. This trip had two goals. The first was to showcase the camping gear, lavvu shelter and titanium wood stove used for off grid camping. The second was to test a new portable ham radio station which we will publish in a follow up video. The was truly a crash course in ham radio survival.
Here’s a list of equipment used in this video:
– Detailed information on my gear: https://oh8stn.org/shelter-system/
– My tent is the Tipi 4 from Nortent: http://nortent.com/shop/6-tent/10-nortent-lavvo-4/
– The wood stove is a titanium wood stove from Nortent: http://nortent.com/shop/8-stove-for-tents/15-nortent-ultralight-tentstove/
Lixada Titanium cookware
900ml pot: https://amzn.to/3hLSEvX
350ml cup: https://amzn.to/3mx0RHX
1000ml Fry pan: https://amzn.to/3hGaX5P
Ham radio gear:
Lab599 Discovery TX-500: https://pileupdx.com/product/discovery-tx-500/
– Super Antenna MP1: https://amzn.to/32wWraI
– 100 watt solar panel from PowerFilm: https://californiapc.com/Portable-Solar-Chargers/PowerFilm-Solar/
– PowerFilm Lightsaver Max to power my qrp radio: https://www.powerfilmsolar.com/products/lightsaver-max-portable-solar-charger
– A Thermocell Backpacker to keep the mosquitos and midges away: https://amzn.to/2GcgpQP
Want something interesting to dive in to while waiting for the next video? Visit my blog and website: https://oh8stn.org
If you found this post useful, entertaining, inspiring, or educational, consider becoming a channel member, joining my patreon community, dropping a buck in the tip jar, or getting yourself some Anderson Powerpole gear on eBay. It also helps if you simply share this video with someone who will appreciate it.
Become a YouTube channel member or join the patreon community, to get bonus videos and content before everyone else.
Join the OH8STN Patreon community: http://www.patreon.com/oh8stn
Become a YouTube channel member: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3xxr5EeFDtxnuHTWsDu2rA/join
Add a few bucks to the kitty with PayPal: https://www.paypal.me/oh8stn/5usd/
Get your Anderson Powerpole gear from ebay: https://goo.gl/5dvGEa